Wine Jobs ad view
Tasting Room Sales AssociateCompany Name: Kendall‑Jackson Vineyard Estates
Job Location: St. Helena
State / County: CA
Expire on: 04.Dec.2014
Posted on: Nov 27, 2014
• Must be a self-starter with the Heart of an Entrepreneur.
• Focus is on building relationships with our customers.
• Greets all visitors to the winery and delivers guest experiences both to trade and consumer guests.
• Enroll and welcome guests into our wine club.
• Effectively suggest and sell wine to customers.
• Works all winery Events
• Represents the winery at offsite tastings and events when necessary
• Assists customers with transporting wine and gift merchandise to their vehicles.
• Handles routine cash register transactions, which include operating cash register, accounting of daily sales and processing returns and discounts. Experience in RMS POS system and Ewinery Solutions is a plus
• All aspects of Opening/Closing procedures and day to day maintenance of the Tasting Room e.g. washing and buffing glassware, pre-set seated tastings, clean up after seated tastings etc.
• Assists in receiving, removing and unpacking cases of wine from delivery vehicles and moves to designated storage area or Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Mailing list Data entry
• Assists with counting monthly physical inventories.
• Attends monthly staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
• Must also be able to repeatedly lift cases of wine that weigh up to 50 pounds, and work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day.
Over 21 years old. Able to work a flexible schedule. High school diploma or equivalent desired. 1-2 years’ related experience preferred. Professional appearance and demeanor. Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public. Knowledge of winesand wine production required. Formal certified Wine Education is a plus. Fluent in English. Proven ability to effectively communicatewith diverse client groups. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
To Apply go to www.kj.com/careers